Access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene services in both acute and protracted emergencies is critical for people’s health and wellbeing. The IFRC supports 1.8 million people every year with WASH activities during emergency response, helping them to stay healthy and maintain their dignity.
Our emergency WASH work includes:
- Rapid assessment and rehabilitation of damaged water systems
- Providing safe drinking water and constructing water treatment tanks
- Building toilets and hygiene facilities
- Distributing menstrual hygiene products
- Community engagement and hygiene promotion to prevent cholera, diarrhoea and other disease outbreaks
To include resources on this page, or for more information on IFRC initiatives please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org